- For the Dynamite version of the character, see Stormfront/Comics.
- "We are in a war for the culture. The other races are grinding us down and taking what is rightfully ours, but we can fight back. With an army of supermen, millions strong. Because that is Vought's true destiny. And you will be the man who will lead us."
- —Stormfront to Homelander[src]
Stormfront joined the Seven after Translucent's death became known and soon became a brief rival to Homelander for leadership of the Seven, before revealing her attraction to him leading to the pair becoming lovers. She is adept at using social media and has a large following online.
Stormfront uses her position as a member of the Seven as a platform to push her own ideals and agenda. Her public persona as an edgy, trendy and virtuous hero is a facade for her recklessness, racism and sadistic tendencies, which rival that of even Homelander.
- 1 The Boys Series
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
The Boys Series[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- "Why are you doing this to me, lady? Ain't you supposed to be a hero?"
"I am a hero. For killing a black piece of shit like you."
- —Myron and Liberty.[src]
The past of the woman who came to be known as "Stormfront" is shrouded in mystery. Although she appears to be in her late 20's to early 30's, she physically ages at a much slower rate to a normal human. Born in 1919 Berlin, Germany, Stormfront was seen to be in social gathering of Nazi party members, including Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels. During her time in Germany, she was married to Frederick Vought, who gave her the first successful injection of Compound V and a daughter, Chloe. This made her the first supe in the world.
After moving to America, Stormfront operated under the moniker of "Liberty" as early as the 1970s. During this time, she committed at least one racially motivated murder. In 1972, Liberty stopped a black man named Myron Hunter (the brother of Valerie Hunter) on the road during a rain storm. She wrongfully accused Myron of being involved in a robbery in a fit of racial profiling and proceeded to beat the man to death.
By 1979, Liberty disappeared from the view of the media and her fans. It is unknown where she was and what she did all these years. It can be assumed that Vought gave her at least one other superhero moniker between 1979 and 2020.
Sometime before 2020, she changed her costume and took a new superhero name "Stormfront". Now she plays to the public, presenting herself as a populist, edgy Supe from Portland who's ability to produce glowing purple arcs of electricity and propel herself through the skies, draw comparisons to Nordic mythology. Stormfront’s open and brash social media presence draws a loyal base of “Stormchaser” fans who clamor for her hot takes, memes, and Insta-posts.
According to "Stormfront", she had an overbearing, snobbish mother named Adele who wouldn't let her perform in Hero Pageants or let her have fun. The accuracy of this is of yet to be determined, as this could merely be part of her cover.
Season Two[edit | edit source]
Joining the Seven[edit | edit source]
- "Oh, my god, hi! My nana's your biggest fan. I'm Stormfront."
- —Stormfront introducing herself to Homelander[src]
Stormfront was brought in to join the Seven by Stan Edgar to replace Translucent some time after Translucent was reported to have been killed by super-villain El Diablo. She crashed an ad for the military that was being filmed featuring Homelander and Queen Maeve, introducing herself to the two as the newest member of the Seven.
Following her introduction, Stormfront did a publicity tour with Queen Maeve and Starlight, the other two female members of the Seven, to promote the new, feminist image Vought was putting forth. Stormfront was ruthless in destroying Vought's Corporate ideas of feminism, and quickly turns the PR Campaign into a media circus centered around her criticizing Vought and her teammates for their sanitized insincerity and hypocrisy.
After the PR tour, Starlight confides in Stormfront her true feelings of Vought and the Seven, believing she has found an ally in the new teammate. Stormfront responds by shooting her down, and coldly belittles her for previously falling victim to rape by The Deep.
Hunting the Supe-Terrorist[edit | edit source]
- "Open your eyes. Open your eyes. I like to see the light go out. Fucking yellow bastard."
- —Stormfront to Kenji, choking him before she breaks his neck.[src]
Stormfront later took part in a mission by Vought to take out Kenji Miyashiro, a supe-terrorist who had been smuggled into the United States. Along the way, they discovered that he had already been captured by The Boys who were attempting to hand him over to the custody of the CIA. After Kenji escaped and was chased after by Kimiko, Stormfront pursued both of them. As Kimiko caught up to Kenji, Stormfront appeared and slammed both of them through the wall of a housing project. As the two make their way up onto the roof of the complex, Stormfront continues to purse them, violently murdering the building's African-American occupants.
She took down Kimiko, but Kenji intervened before she could kill her. However, Stormfront then prevented Kenji from using his powers by sadistically breaking his fingers and killed him by snapping his neck. Soon after, Homelander arrived, irked that she had disobeyed his orders to let him deal with the supe-terrorist, but Stormfront simply teased him by telling him to be faster next time. Later, Stormfront delivered a speech at a press conference addressing the super-terrorist incident, where Kenji is blamed for the "Terrorist Attack" in the housing complex.
Supe Nightmare Couple[edit | edit source]
- "Do it. You know you want to."
"I'll cut you in half."
"Come on. Right here... Don't be a pussy, laser my fucking tits!"
- —Stormfront and Homelander.[src]
Although Stormfront's presence and popularity initially irritated, angered and annoyed Homelander, who considered her to be his rival, Stormfront was visibly attracted to and idolized Homelander, albeit in her own twisted way. When meeting him for the first time, Stormfront admires and complements Homelander's eyes, commenting that they look much "bluer" in person. When Homelander angrily confronts her about her public profile over-taking his, Stormfront calms him by singing his praises; saying that she believes he is "the best of us" and "everything we should be", and offers her hand at helping Homelander improve his public image. Homelander stubbornly refuses her help. After a video is leaked depicting Homelander ineptly killing a civilian during a fight with a Super-Villain in Africa, and his resulting botched appearance at an Anti-Supe Rally, Homelander, with no options left, meets with Stormfront for help in her trailer, while filming the new The Seven film.
- "I owe you."
"Well, what are you ever going to do to repay me?"
- —Stormfront soliciting Homelander.[src]
Stormfront shows Homelander several internet memes she has drafted up for him and informs him that she has assigned her "meme queen" Logan to handle his social media accounts, as well as giving him advice on how to improve his public image and likability. As a result, Homelander goes up five points and his status as a hero is restored. A rarely grateful Homelander returns sometime later to see Stormfront in her trailer and thanks her for helping him. He asks Stormfront how he should return the favor, and she let's him know exactly her feelings and attraction to him. Shortly after, the two return to The Seven Tower, where they engage in violent, super-powered sadomasochistic sex.
Stormfront and Homelander begin a semi-romantic but mostly sexual relationship, Homelander is delighted by her willingness to kill and her ruthlessness (shown when they murder a criminal in an alley before engaging in sexual intercourse). Homelander seemingly wants to make things exclusive and tries to convince Stormfront to blow off a "meeting" at Vought tower to tell her this. Stormfront leaves to check in at a psychiatric hospital which is secretly being used to handle adults being drugged with compound v in an attempt to make a stable version that works on adults every time. She is shown to be working in conjunction with lamplighter who burns any of the new supes that get out of hand or even slightly belligerent. In a scuffle with Frenchie he blows open a door which leads to the entire place being thrown into chaos and many if not all of the supes escape their cells. Stormfront soon returns after leaving and presumably subdues most of them.
A Promise is a Promise[edit | edit source]
She then returns to Homelander later than she said she would and finds him on a set he had burned down in rage after he found out she lied to him about being in Vought tower. Infuriated by her vagueness Homelander squeezes Stormfront's neck but ultimately stops. Still mad about her lying to him, Homelander dismisses her apology attempt. So she promises to tell him the truth, starting with her real identity. She opens a nearby chest and shows him a photo of her daughter (who appears much older than Stormfront) and an image of her being married to the founder of Vought, Frederick Vought. She tells him that Vought made her the first ever successful Superhero and made her who she is. She then tells Homelander Vought's plan was to create an army of Superman and that Homelander (along with an army of supes) will be the one to lead the charge to fight back against the other races "who are wearing them down". After revealing this Homelander grabs her and then kisses her presumably forgiving her and content with his role in the plot.
Personality[edit | edit source]
- "That place used to be pure. And then they started letting all kinds of people in. You know?"
"I don't know. So why don't you tell me?"
"Oh, I think you do know. Some people are quality, and others, are...Garbage."
- —Stormfront, making a thinly veiled racial remark towards A-Train.[src]
The persona Stormfront puts on for the public, is one of a edgy but virtuous and genuine all american e-girl who stands up for the rights of the downtrodden, and refuses to "sellout" to "the man". In reality, Stormfront is a malicious, bigoted and bad-tempered woman who is rude, sarcastic and passive aggressive to almost everyone she interacts with, including people she supposedly likes, such as Homelander. Stormfront is prone to making constant criticisms and insults to Vought Employees and her fellow team members, usually with a snarky and condescending tone. Stormfront appears to use her position as a superhero to commit racially motivated murders with impunity. These killings seem random and opportunistic, but predominately targeted against people of color.
Stormfront seems to be somewhat aware of the contemporary public's negative opinion on racist views, and does well to disguise her own racist beliefs. On at least one occasion, when Stormfront made racial comments to fellow Seven member A-Train, she feigned ignorance when challenged about it, assuring that she meant something else. She has displayed both sadistic and masochistic tenancies, she appears to revel in orgasmic bliss in her killing of Kenji, and gains pleasure from being burned by Homelander's laser vision during their sexual encounter.
Interestingly, Stormfront names her childhood role model as Pipi Longstocking, a character from a 1940's children's book, who she says is "the greatest superhero of all time" because she doesn't care about society's expectations of politeness and etiquette, and is someone who doesn't equate being nice with being good. While Stormfront could be described as a feminist, as she is a strong, independent woman who detests gender tokenism and pandering, she is not what you would think of a traditional feminist. For example, she seems to have an Ayn Rand-esque approach to life and issues such as sexual harassment, mocking Starlight for allowing herself to become a victim.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Family[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Victims[edit | edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Plasma Manipulation: Stormfront has the ability to create powerful plasma blasts.
- Charged Particles Manipulation: Utilizing charged particles, Stormfront can produce and manipulate electricity, which she often uses in combat. These can be in the form of electrical discharges that are capable of sending full grown adults flying backwards with enough force to knock them through concrete walls, or as a sustained blast of energy that incapacitates the target while inflicting pain.
- Flight: Like Homelander, Stormfront has the ability to levitate and propel herself through the air at great speeds. Whether this is related to her electrokinetic abilities in some way is unknown.
- Superhuman Durability: Stormfront possesses incredible levels of durability, as she was able to survive getting repeatedly slammed into concrete walls during her fight with Kimiko and later on with Homelander during their encounter. To Homelander's astonishment, she withstood a sustained eye laser attack that, while did inflict some pain, left only surface damage.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Stormfront possess a faster than average healing ability. The wound made by Homelander's sustained laser vision began to heal almost instantly.
- Superhuman Strength: Stormfront has shown herself to have tremendous physical strength. Stormfront is able to rip through concrete walls with ease, overpower the Female without much effort and easily break Kenji's hands and neck. Both of them having above average human durability and strength. Further testament to her strength is when she engaged in "playful roughhousing" with Homelander at Vought Tower. This included shoving him back into walls with enough force to break it, launch him across two rooms, punch him with enough force to stagger him and slam him through multiple pieces of furniture. She later broke a man's hand by casually slapping it.
- "If Liberty and Stormfront are the same person, then that makes Stormfront like, what, like 70 years old?"
"Yeah, but who knows what Compound V can do? I mean, maybe she doesn't age like a regular person."
- —Hughie Campbell and Annie January[src]
- Longevity: Despite being 101 years old, Stormfront retains the same appearance she had when she was first injected with Compound V.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "If someone sticks a dick in your mouth, bite if off. Pippi Longstocking would bite a D, that’s for damn sure. "
- —Stormfront in Proper Preparation and Planning
- "Jeez, if she vibrates any faster, that stick up her butt is gonna explode."
- —Stormfront, talking about Ashley, in Proper Preparation and Planning
- "I think that you are the best of us. I think that you are everything that we should be."
- —Stormfront, praising Homelander during Nothing Like It in the World
- "You spent $273 million on that "Saving America" bullshit, and I am running circles around you with five guys on laptops churning out memes. I practically pay them with Arby's gift cards. You... You can't win the whole country anymore. No one can. So why are you even trying? You don't need 50 million people to love you. You need five million people fucking pissed. Emotion sells, anger sells. You have fans, I have soldiers."
- —Stormfront mentoring Homelander, in Nothing Like It in the World
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Stormfront" is the name of an antisemitic, Holocaust-denialist, and neo-Nazi Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate site. Her previous moniker, “Liberty” may be a reference to the early hate site Aryan Nations Liberty.net.
- "Storm Front" is also the name of a Billy Joel album that features the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" which is played in the episode Nothing Like It in the World.
- The comics version of Stormfront is a male Nazi and was the first Supe created.
- Like her comic counterpart, the series Stormfront is a Nazi and white supremacist.
- This is seen during by her using several racist slurs and remarks against The Female and Kenji, Valerie and Myron Hunt and even her fellow teammates, A-Train and Queen Maeve to whom she made a homophobic remark.
- Her racism is further reinforced by her obvious favoring of Homelander and Starlight.
- Stormfront's attraction to Homelander, her admiration of his blue eyes and blonde hair, as well as her comments about him being everything a person should be, are inline with Nazi Germany's Aryan Master Race Theory.
- Her earrings and eagle belt buckle resemble SS insignia, and her hairstyle is reminiscent of ones worn by female members of the Neo-Nazi Skinhead subculture.
- Later it was revealed that Stormfront is an actual, genuine Nazi as she was a legitimate member of the Nazi Party from World War Two and was indoctrinated into the Aryan Master Race Theory.
- Stormfront's role was given to Aya Cash because gender-swapping him helped Homelander's character arc, ensuring his anger would be worsened by a woman rather than a man.
- Interestingly, and rather ironically, Aya Cash is of Jewish descent.
- Stormfront's social media handle is @RealStormfront.
- Stormfront was stated to have been a member of the Church of the Collective, "a long time ago". However due to the church soon beginning to recruit anyone (people of color) to the group, she left.
- Stormfront is a dark, twisted parody of both Thor and Shazam, but wretched in every way, having the powers of the former, and a costume inspired by the latter. Her original Vought given origin story before the use of Compound-V was made public knowledge, was that she was a reincarnated Norse goddess.
- The claim that she was a Norse goddess also ties in to her white supremacist characterization, as Norse mythology is one of the things white supremacists have appropriated.
- Before joining The Seven, Stormfront was the leader of Payback, Vought's secondary Superhero team, and The Avengers to The Seven's Justice League.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Screencaps[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Boys #31- #34 "Self-Preservation Society" arc, Stormfront lead Vought's number 2 superhero team, Payback. This is considered canon until otherwise contradicted in the series.
- Season 2 Episode 6 "The Bloody Doors Off"
- Season 2 Episode 4 "Nothing Like It in the World"
- Season 2 Episode 3 "Over the Hill with the Swords of a Thousand Men"
- Season 2 Episode 5 "We Gotta Go Now"
- Season 2 Episode 2 "Proper Preparation and Planning"
- Entertainment Weekly - "Aya Cash and The Boys boss unpack that shocker of a Stormfront reveal"
[edit | edit source]
|TV series The Seven members|
|Homelander • The Deep (on sabbatical) • Queen Maeve • Black Noir • A-Train (kicked off) • Starlight • Stormfront|