- "We are in a war for the culture. The other races are grinding us down and taking what is rightfully ours, but we can fight back. With an army of supermen, millions strong. Because that is Vought's true destiny. And you will be the man who will lead us."
- —Stormfront to Homelander[src]
Stormfront (formerly known as Liberty, real name Klara Risinger) is one of the main antagonists of the second season of the Amazon series The Boys. She is a superhero who replaces Translucent as a member of The Seven.
Stormfront joined the Seven after Translucent's death became known and soon became a brief rival to Homelander for leadership of the Seven, before revealing her attraction to him leading to the pair becoming lovers. She is adept at using social media and has a large following online.
Stormfront uses her position as a member of the Seven as a platform to push her own ideals and agenda. Her public persona as an edgy, trendy and virtuous hero is a facade for her recklessness, racism and sadistic tendencies, which rival that of even Homelander.
- 1 The Boys Series
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 Season Two
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Weaknesses
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 Site Navigation
The Boys Series[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- "Why are you doing this to me, lady? Ain't you supposed to be a hero?"
"I am a hero. For killing a black piece of shit like you."
- —Myron and Liberty.[src]
The past of Klara Risinger, who was the woman who came to be known as "Stormfront", is shrouded in mystery. Although she appears to be in her late 20's to early 30's, she physically ages at a much slower rate to a normal human. She was born in Berlin, Germany in 1919 and by 1933 Klara Risinger was seen to be in social gatherings of the National Socialist German Workers Party(Nazi Party) members, including Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels. During her time in Germany, she was married to Frederick Vought, who gave her the first successful injection of Compound V along with a daughter, Chloe. This made her the first supe in the world.
After moving to America with her husband as part of Operation Paperclip at the end of World War Two, when the US Government Took in leading Nazi Scientists , Klara operated under the moniker of "Liberty" as early as the 1970s. During this time, she committed at least one racially motivated murder. In 1972, Liberty stopped a black man named Myron Hunter (the brother of Valerie Hunter) on the road during a rain storm. She wrongfully accused Myron of being involved in a robbery in a fit of racial profiling and proceeded to punch his jaw off.
At some point around this time, Klara was a member of the Church of the Collective, but left after they became "impure". By 1979, Liberty disappeared from the view of the media and her fans. It is unknown where she was and what she did all these years. It can be assumed that Vought gave her at least one other superhero moniker between 1979 and 2020.
Sometime before 2020, she changed her costume and took a new superhero name, "Stormfront". Now she plays to the public, presenting herself as a populist, edgy Supe from Portland whose ability to produce glowing purple arcs of electricity and propel herself through the skies, draw comparisons to Nordic mythology. Stormfront’s open and brash social media presence draws a loyal base of “Stormchaser” fans who clamor for her hot takes, memes, and Insta-posts.
According to "Stormfront", she had an overbearing, snobbish mother named Adele who wouldn't let her perform in Hero Pageants or let her have fun. Although most of this narrative seems to be a cover, the name Adele does seem to hold some significance to Stormfront, implying that it could be the name of her real mother.
Joining the Seven[edit | edit source]
- "Oh, my god, hi! My nana's your biggest fan. I'm Stormfront."
- —Stormfront introducing herself to Homelander[src]
Stormfront was brought in to join the Seven by Stan Edgar to replace Translucent some time after Translucent was reported to have been killed by super-villain El Diablo. She crashed an ad for the military that was being filmed featuring Homelander and Queen Maeve, introducing herself to the two as the newest member of the Seven.
Following her introduction, Stormfront did a publicity tour with Queen Maeve and Starlight, the other two female members of the Seven, to promote the new, feminist image Vought was putting forth. Stormfront was ruthless in destroying Vought's Corporate ideas of feminism, and quickly turns the PR Campaign into a media circus centered around her criticizing Vought and her teammates for their sanitized insincerity and hypocrisy.
After the PR tour, Starlight confides in Stormfront her true feelings of Vought and the Seven, believing she has found an ally in the new teammate. Stormfront responds by shooting her down, and coldly belittles her for previously falling victim to rape by The Deep.
Hunting the Supe-Terrorist[edit | edit source]
- "Open your eyes. Open your eyes. I like to see the light go out. Fucking yellow bastard."
- —Stormfront to Kenji, choking him before she breaks his neck.[src]
Stormfront later took part in a mission by Vought to take out Kenji Miyashiro, a supe-terrorist who had been smuggled into the United States. Along the way, they discovered that he had already been captured by The Boys who were attempting to hand him over to the custody of the CIA. After Kenji escaped and was chased after by Kimiko, Stormfront pursued both of them. As Kimiko caught up to Kenji, Stormfront appeared and slammed both of them through the wall of a housing project. As the two make their way up onto the roof of the complex, Stormfront continues to purse them, violently murdering the building's African-American occupants.
She took down Kimiko, but Kenji intervened before she could kill her. However, Stormfront then prevented Kenji from using his powers by sadistically breaking his wrists and killed him by snapping his neck. Soon after, Homelander arrived, irked that she had disobeyed his orders to let him deal with the supe-terrorist, but Stormfront simply teased him by telling him to be faster next time. Later, Stormfront delivered a speech at a press conference addressing the super-terrorist incident, where Kenji is blamed for the "Terrorist Attack" in the housing complex.
Supe Nightmare Couple[edit | edit source]
- "I owe you."
"Well, what are you ever going to do to repay me?"
- —Stormfront soliciting Homelander.[src]
Stormfront's presence and popularity initially irritated, angered and annoyed Homelander, who considered her to be his rival. For her part, Stormfront was visibly attracted to and idolized Homelander, albeit in her own twisted way. When meeting him for the first time, Stormfront admires and complements Homelander's eyes, commenting that they look much "bluer" in person. When Homelander angrily confronts her about her public profile over-taking his, Stormfront calms him by singing his praises; she expresses her belief he is "the best of us" and "everything we should be", and offers her hand at helping Homelander improve his public image. Homelander stubbornly refuses her help. After a video is leaked depicting Homelander ineptly killing a civilian during a fight with a Super-Villain in Africa, and he unwisely attempts to control the media message by putting in an unplanned appearance at an Anti-Supe Rally, Homelander recognizes that he has no other way to get the situation under control. Homelander meets with Stormfront for help in her trailer, while filming the new The Seven film.
- "Do it. You know you want to."
"I'll cut you in half."
"Come on. Right here... Don't be a pussy, laser my fucking tits!"
- —Stormfront and Homelander.[src]
Stormfront shows Homelander several internet memes she has drafted up for him and informs him that she has assigned her "meme queen" Logan to handle his social media accounts, as well as giving him advice on how to improve his public image and likability. As a result, Homelander goes up five points and his status as a hero is restored. A rarely grateful Homelander returns sometime later to see Stormfront in her trailer and thanks her for helping him. He asks Stormfront how he should return the favor, and she let's him know exactly her feelings and attraction to him. Shortly after, the two return to The Seven Tower, where they engage in violent, super-powered sadomasochistic sex.
Stormfront and Homelander begin a semi-romantic but mostly sexual relationship, Homelander is delighted by her willingness to kill and her ruthlessness (shown when they murder a criminal in an alley before engaging in sexual intercourse). Homelander seemingly wants to make things serious and tries to convince Stormfront to blow off a "meeting" at Vought tower to tell her this with a bouquet of flowers he has bought for her. Stormfront tells him wait for her, and promises to be back to see him in 20 minutes.
An Army of Supermen[edit | edit source]
Stormfront then leaves for her real destination, the Sage Grove Wellness Center, a psychiatric hospital which Stormfront is operating as a front for Vought's experiments with Compound-V. The facility appears to be using actual psychiatric patients as test subjects, injecting them with varying doses of V, turning them into supes. The experiments are apparently carried out with the aim of creating a more stable variant of the serum which can render any adult human into an instant superhero, with stable powers and abilities. It is but one aspect of Stormfront and Vought's secret plan to create an Aryan Master Race.
She is shown to be working in conjunction with the Lamplighter who burns any of the imprisoned supes that are no longer of use or become belligerent. In a scuffle with Frenchie he blows open a door which leads to the entire place being thrown into chaos and many if not all of the supes escape their cells and brutally murder their captors. Stormfront soon returns after leaving, stating she had killed 6 subjects outside and demanding answers from Lamplighter, who was secretly being held captive by The Boys. Lamplighter, who is feeling remorse for his crimes lies to Stormfront as to how the inmates were released; he hides The Boys involvement in the fiasco by blaming a dead man named "Doctor Colton" for administering too much serum into the patient known as Cindy. Stormfront then goes off to presumably subdue any that remained in the facility.
A Promise is a Promise[edit | edit source]
- "You will be the man who will lead us. You are everything that we dreamed of. So I love you with all my heart. How could I not? Everyone I have ever loved is in the ground... And then I found you. We found each other. And now neither of us has to be alone ever again. And that...Is the truth."
- —Stormfront confessing the truth to Homelander.[src]
She then returns to Homelander later than she said she would and finds him at the movie set where he burned down his trailer out of rage after he found out she lied to him about being at the Vought tower. Infuriated by her vagueness Homelander squeezes Stormfront's neck but ultimately stops himself from causing any further harm. The two meet back at the Seven Tower where Stormfront apologizes to Homelander. Still mad about her lying to him, Homelander dismisses her apology. So she promises to tell him the truth, starting with her real identity. She opens a nearby chest and shows him a photo of her with an elderly woman which she reveals is of her daughter, who she states died of Alzheimer's many years ago. She confides in Homelander that she was Frederick Vought's wife in the 1930's and shows him more photos, this time of her and her husband at Nazi Party events with leading Nazi figures, including Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels. She tells him that Frederick gave her the first ever successful injection of Compound V and made her who she is. She reveals to Homelander that Vought's plan was to create an army of Aryan Supermen and that Homelander will be the one to lead them in a race war to "fight back" against the other races who she believes are "wearing" humanity down. After hearing her confession, Homelander embraces and kisses her, presumably forgiving her, content with his role in the plot.
Making America Safe Again[edit | edit source]
- "What do SJWs like Victoria Neuman want us to do?
Just let 'em in and give 'em a cup of iced tea? And then punish us for trying to stop them?"
"Has there ever been anyone in history more persecuted just for trying to protect our own? We are at war! We need more Compound V!"
"We need more Supes!"
- —Stormfront and Homelander at a public rally[src]
Stormfront's militaristic, fear mongering, xenophobic rants and rhetoric radicalize a man named Tommy Peterson, a morbidly obese hardcore Stormchaser who lives with his mother and spends his days on message boards making Stormfront memes. One morning, he sees the headlights of a car reflected in the eyes of convenience store clerk Kuldeep Singh, and mistaking him for a supervillian, returns the next day and shoots him dead. Coldly asking him "Are you bulletproof, motherfucker?"
Homelander and Stormfront meet at a public rally and explain the most recent news. Stormfront first addresses the recent shooting and publicly condemns it as being unacceptable, a sharp contrast to her real views. She states that Vought will donate to the Christian Samaritan's Embrace in honor of the Kuldeep Singh and his family, in an apathetic display to save public relations. Homelander then continues to fuel the crowd's paranoia and hatred by addressing the recent supervillian immigration. Stormfront attacks Victoria Neuman and the opposition by stating they can't just accept foreign supes into their country, additionally, stating the superheroes are there to protect the citizens. She continues stating the country is at war, and will need more Compound V and more superheroes. The crowd begins chanting in support. Homelander stops the chanting and announces that Starlight is a traitor to The Seven and has been captured and contained where she can't harm anyone. Further earning Starlight negative publicly by stating that she conspired alongside the same people who killed Translucent.
All In The Family[edit | edit source]
- "You okay?"
"Yeah...Eighty years ago, she looked just like that."
- —Stormfront, reminisces about her daughter Chloe, to Homelander
After the rally, Homelander meets with Stormfront privately to discuss how they're going to deal with Starlight. Homelander thinks that it is a mistake to keep Starlight alive, because he underestimated her once but not again. Stormfront reassures him to trust her, by keeping Starlight alive it will cause the public to rally against a common enemy. Stormfront notices a mother and a baby girl. Homelander asks her about the girl. Stormfront reminisces about her daughter and that the little girl looked just like her, even if it was 80 years ago. Homelander tells her he wants to show her something.
Stormfront and Homelander arrive at Becca's house. There, Homelander introduces Stormfront to Becca and Ryan. Stormfront greets Becca and shakes her hand. Homelander then introduces Ryan to Stormfront, and she immediately asks about Ryan's superpowers, calling him the first natural-born superhero. However, Becca demands her not mention Ryan's powers. Homelander warns Stormfront that while Ryan does have powers, Becca doesn't want anyone to talk about them. Becca then remarks Homelander could inform her in advance before he drops by. Stormfront defends Homelander stating Ryan is his son too, and he has the right to see his son. Homelander intervenes stops any building conflict, he then says he wants Ryan to get to know Stormfront, that they'll both be around more often, and he wants them all to be a family.
- "Wow, He looks just like you."
"Are you serious? Those eyes?...Hey Ryan, your daddy told me all about you. You have superpowers, huh?"
"That makes you very very, very special. You are the first natural-born superhero."
- —Stormfront meeting Becca and Ryan[src]
Stormfront and Homelander watch a lego animation Ryan made of the Blindside, both attempt to understand. Stormfront and Homelander then ask Ryan if he's into "things kids are into", like video games, YouTube, or even one of Homelander's movies. Interested, Ryan asks about Homelander's movies and then asks Becca if he can see them, but Becca dismisses it and says they can talk about it when he's older. Homelander and Stormfront both ignore Becca's thoughts and continue to excite Ryan by telling him about things outside of the facility, Sleepovers, Baseball games and Voughtland. Further excited, Ryan asks Becca if he can, but Becca again dismisses it saying they can talk about it later, and again, Homelander and Stormfront continue to excite him. Becca has enough and demands to speak with Homelander outside. Homelander does eventually agree, and leaves Stormfront with Ryan. Ryan says he wants to show her his animation on Dances with Wolves.
After Becca finishes dinner, she finds Ryan outside with Stormfront and Homelander. Ryan calls Becca a liar and explains that they showed Ryan the truth that his life is a fabricated lie. Ryan rejects Becca's attempts to talk to him, while Homelander suggest Ryan just needs some "space". Becca refuses, saying Ryan needs his mother. Stormfront then tells Becca that Ryan will be cared for and will still have a mother. Ryan then jumps into Homelander's arms, as Homelander and Stormfront fly off with Ryan.
- "Don't worry. He'll still have a mother."
- —Stormfront to Becca[src]
A "Final Solution"[edit | edit source]
- "Hey, smile! This is good news. Yes, there have been sacrifices, but we are this close to no more premieres or paparazzi, or screaming fans, or any of that dancing monkey shit. We have to make sure that the 'right' people get the doses, but it is a whole new world."
"What about the wrong people? Couple billion of them. They're not just going to sit there."
"Don't worry, silly. Fredrick had a solution for everything."
- —Stormfront telling Homelander to relax and to keep his eyes on the prize[src]
Stormfront meets Homelander in the damaged Seven conference room. From there, Homelander asks about Black Noir's condition (following his allergic reaction), She says that he is alive, however in a unresponsive state. Homelander questions why is it that she is still so calm after everything that has happened. Stormfront explains that despite the sacrifices, they are close to accomplishing her goal of creating a master race. She tells Homelander not to worry, because her husband had a "solution" to prevent "the wrong people" (non-whites and minorities) from receiving Compound-V injections.
Later, Stormfront and Homelander visit Ryan in the cabin, and attempt to teach him how to use his heat vision on an action figure of The Deep. Ryan tries very hard, but can not muster so much as a flash. Homelander tells him that it is easy if he imagines someone that he hates. When Ryan says that he doesn't hate anyone, Stormfront attempts to indoctrinate him into the white genocide conspiracy theory, much to Homelander's visible chagrin. She tells him that there are "bad people" who want to wipe out the white race, and that he should imagine these people next time. Before the "lesson" can continue, Stormfront receives an alarming message on her phone, and, realizing that her identity as a Nazi war-criminal has been exposed, flees to Vought Tower.
The Boys Lay Down a Beating[edit | edit source]
- "And, what are you laughing at?"
"She said the truth is: She's gonna stick her boot up your Nazi kitty!"
- —Frenchie, translating Kimiko's threat to Stormfront[src]
After A-Train delivers Stormfront's Church of the Collective file to The Boys, who in return leak it to the media, Stormfront's Nazi past is revealed, her public standing starts to plummet and the world turns against her. She returns the Vought Tower, and receives spiteful glares from almost everyone, especially Queen Maeve, who was previously reluctant to help the Boys take her down. A furious, ruined Stormfront leaves Vought Tower to search for Starlight, secretly tailed by Maeve.
After Ryan is rescued by The Boys, Mother's Milk attempts to drive off with Becca and Ryan. Their escape attempt is quickly aborted, however, when Stormfront arrives earlier than expected and lands in front of their car, then sends it flying. After extracting them from the wrecked car, Butcher flees on foot with Becca and Ryan while Stormfront then confronts Starlight, correctly deducing that Starlight is responsible for Stormfront's Nazi affiliations being leaked to the media. There is a tense moment as Kimiko, who witnessed Stormfront sadisticly torturing and killing her brother, begins to freeze up, but then suddenly starts to laugh. She then signs a crude threat to Stormfront, which Frenchie translates. Stormfront engages the Boys, casually tossing aside the three non-Supes present and detonating Frenchie's EMP RPGs they hoped to use against her.
Despite their best efforts, Stormfront quickly overwhelms Kimiko and Starlight. Stormfront's victory is cut short, however, when Queen Maeve enters the battle and knocks Stormfront to the ground. Starlight, Kimiko and Queen Maeve quickly surround and lay into Stormfront, who is sprawling on the ground as the three women savagely kick and beat her. Stormfront, unable to defend herself against the combined assault, quickly flees by flying away, where none of her opponents can pursue.
- "Eat my shit, you Nazi bitch!"
- —Starlight, while kicking Stormfront[src]
Flying Too Close to the Son[edit | edit source]
- "Open your eyes. I like to see the light go out."
- —Stormfront, choking Rebecca Butcher
Stormfront, visibly injured from her recent battering, lands in front of Becca, Butcher, and Ryan, blocking their escape. She then attempts to call Ryan to her, telling him that he belongs with other Supes, not with his mother. Becca defiantly stabs Stormfront in the eye and surprisingly manages to injure her. Enraged, Stormfront then grabs Becca and pins her by the neck against a tree. She then begins to slowly asphyxiate Becca while Butcher vainly attempts to stop her. After begging Stormfront to stop hurting his mother, pleas which fall on deaf ears, Ryan uses his heat vision for the first time, reducing three of Stormfront's limbs to charred stumps and severely burning her face. Unfortunately, Ryan also mortally wounded his mother in the process. And Becca soon dies, but not before extracting a promise from Butcher that he will care for Ryan.
Stormfront is left lying on the ground. Obviously descending into shock over her injuries, she mutters in German, addressing her dead husband Fredrick, recalling a family outing the two of them shared with their young daughter Chloe. Homelander arrives, visibly distressed over her charred, crippled condition. He begins to break down into tears, before demanding Ryan to come to him, wanting revenge. Ryan goes to Butcher instead, who tells Homelander he won't go with him. As he chastises him for protecting the boy who also accidentally killed Becca while stopping Stormfront, Billy states he'll protect him just like he promised her, upon which Homelander starts maniacally laughing.
Homelander then begins to advance on Butcher and Ryan, but Maeve arrives and blackmails him into allowing them to leave as well as abandoning his vendettas against her, Elena and Starlight. Later at a press conference, Stormfront is made a scapegoat for the Congressional attack. Homelander then publicly claims he was mistaken in his accusations against Starlight, apologizes to her, and commends her and Queen Maeve for bringing down Stormfront. He further adds that Stormfront has been incarcerated and is being held in "an undisclosed location", while her actions violated what superheroes stood for. As he continue speaking, his eyes twitch as his fragile sanity stretches even thinner due to what happened to her.
Personality[edit | edit source]
- "That place used to be pure. And then they started letting all kinds of people in. You know?"
"I don't know. So why don't you tell me?"
"Oh, I think you do know. Some people are quality, and others, are...Garbage."
- —Stormfront, making a thinly veiled racist remark towards A-Train.[src]
The persona Stormfront puts on for the public, is one of a edgy but virtuous and genuine all American e-girl who stands up for the rights of the downtrodden, and refuses to "sellout" to "the man". In reality, Stormfront is a malicious, bigoted and bad-tempered woman who is rude, sarcastic and passive aggressive to almost everyone she interacts with, including people she supposedly likes, such as Homelander. Stormfront is prone to making constant criticisms and insults to Vought Employees and her fellow team members, usually with a snarky and condescending tone. Stormfront appears to use her position as a superhero to commit racially motivated murders with impunity. These killings seem random and opportunistic, but predominately targeted against people of color. She even states to Homelander that he is exactly what her husband envisioned when he created Compound V as leader of the Supes and the world. This further implies that she is delusional enough to believe that she is legitimately fulfilling some form of dark prophecy.
Stormfront seems to be somewhat aware of the contemporary public's negative opinion on racist views, and does well to disguise her own racist beliefs. On at least one occasion, when Stormfront made racial comments to fellow Seven member A-Train, she feigned ignorance when challenged about it, assuring that she meant something else. She has displayed both sadistic and masochistic tenancies, she appears to revel in orgasmic bliss in her killing of Kenji, and gains pleasure from being burned by Homelander's heat vision during their sexual encounter.
Interestingly, Stormfront names her childhood role model as Pippi Longstocking, a character from a 1940's children's book, who she says is "the greatest superhero of all time" because she doesn't care about society's expectations of politeness and etiquette, and is someone who doesn't equate being nice with being good. While Stormfront could be described as a feminist, as she is a strong, independent woman who detests gender tokenism and pandering, she is not what you would think of a traditional feminist. For example, she seems to have an Ayn Rand-esque approach to life and issues such as sexual harassment, mocking Starlight for allowing herself to become a victim when the two were alone.
However despite her incredibly negative personality and violent and cruel disposition, Stormfront has shown a level of empathy and positive side to her personality as well. This is seen during her explaining her past to Homelander and telling him about her husband and daughter, where it was notably shown that she did truly love for both her daughter and her former husband and still actively grieved for their deaths. Later Stormfront, showed surprisingly strong maternal emotions, this is seen where she briefly teared up upon seeing a baby and her mother and was instantly reminded of her own daughter when she was that small and showed to miss her greatly. Her love for the two of them was also later seen when she was severely injured by Ryan's heat vision and was left in a state of delirious mumbling, having been shown to have truly been happy when all three of them together and wished their moments together could have lasted forever.
As seen during her revealing her past to Homelander, Stormfront possess immense acting skills, and has implied that she has adapted numerous times to the social norms and speech patterns and a number of persona's through out her 100 year life in order to better conceal her actual age and identity. This is seen where she had briefly revealed her strong German accent during her reveal of her identity as the first success in Compound V as Fredrick's wife and later managed to completely remove her accent during her time under her "Liberty" persona in the 1960's and taken up an American Accent and later taken up her current trendy, edgy speech pattern and persona popular today to better blend into and become popular at today's society of the 21st Century.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Family[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Victims[edit | edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Plasma Manipulation: Stormfront has the ability to create powerful plasma blasts. By utilizing charged particles, Stormfront can produce and manipulate electricity, which she often uses in combat. These can be in the form of electrical discharges that are capable of sending full grown adults flying backwards with enough force to knock them through concrete walls. She has also shown to use them as a sustained blast of energy that incapacitates even supes while inflicting pain. However, they do not appear to be lethal as average humans have shown to survive them without any lasting damage on numerous occasions with it killing non-supes only when used fling them on to hard surfaces or ignite explosions.
- Electrokinetic Flight: Like Homelander, Stormfront has the ability to levitate and propel herself through the air at great speeds. When taking off and landing she generates lightning discharges towards the ground. This indicates that Stormfront's ability to fly might be connected to her plasma manipulation power.
- Electrical Telekinesis: By charging up people or objects Stormfront can freely move them in a chosen direction. Using this power she could easily throw a car by several meters.
- Superhuman Strength: Stormfront has shown herself to have tremendous physical strength. Stormfront is able to rip through concrete walls with ease, overpower the Female without much effort and easily break Kenji's hands and neck; despite both of them having above-average human durability and strength. Further testament to her strength is when she engaged in "playful roughhousing" with Homelander at Vought Tower. This included shoving him back into walls with enough force to break it, launching him across two rooms, punching him with enough force to stagger him and slamming him through multiple pieces of furniture. She later broke a man's hand by casually slapping it. She was able overpower Kimiko and Starlight simultaneously, even managing to snap the neck of the former, before an intervention from Queen Maeve turned the fight against her.
- Superhuman Durability: Stormfront possesses incredible levels of durability, as she was able to survive getting repeatedly slammed into concrete walls during her fight with Kimiko and later on with Homelander during their encounter. To Homelander's astonishment, she withstood a sustained heat vision attack that, while did inflict some pain, left only surface level damage. Later, Stormfront proved she could also withstand Starlight's concussive blasts, which could knock her down, but not truly injure her. She was not completely indestructible though, as she was overwhelmed by the combined might of Maeve, Starlight, and Kimiko, and was completely burned and nearly killed by Ryan’s heat vision. This also resulted in her right arm and both legs being seemingly disintegrated. Her eyes also seem to lack durability as Becca, a normal human, was able to pierce one of them with a conventional knife.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Stormfront possess a limited, but rapid regenerative healing factor. The wound made by Homelander's sustained laser vision began to heal almost instantly. However, it’s unknown if she’s capable of healing the severe wounds left by Ryan, which would require regrowing severed limbs. It is also unknown whether her regenerative abilities have contributed to her longevity in any sense.
- "If Liberty and Stormfront are the same person, then that makes Stormfront like, what, like 70 years old?"
"Yeah, but who knows what Compound V can do? I mean, maybe she doesn't age like a regular person."
- —Hughie Campbell and Annie January[src]
- Longevity: Despite being 101 years old, Stormfront retains the same appearance she had when she was first injected with Compound V. It is not yet been elaborated on whether her longevity is an all-separate superhuman power or whether it is an extension of her regenerative abilities.
- Social-Media Manipulation: In addition to her superhuman powers, Stormfront possesses a complete understanding of the social norms of her current time and easily adapts to it to hide her true political beliefs and general insanity. She is well versed in using social media and can use her acting skills to masquerade as the ultimate virtuous e-girl who can be adored by many on Social Media. She stated that she used this as a means to radicalize her most devoted fans into becoming her keyboard warriors, who spend the majority of their lives creating internet memes and radically spreading it across the internet like propaganda without expecting any reward in return.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Extreme Brute Force: Supes with extreme levels of strength, such as Homelander and Maeve can kill her. Although both Starlight and Kimiko are weaker than her, them combined with Maeve proved to be too much and she was completely overwhelmed.
- Heat Vision: Homelander’s heat vision was able to burn her chest even though he was still holding back, and Ryan’s was able to completely burn her entire body and sever her limbs.
- Eye Wounds: It seems while her skin is bulletproof and extremely durable, her eyes are much more vulnerable. However, it may be that Stormfront is simply vulnerable to piercing weapons in general, while still resistant to bullets and bludgeoning weapons, similar to Kevlar armor, which is also bulletproof but not stab proof.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "If someone sticks a dick in your mouth, bite it off. Pippi Longstocking would bite a D, that’s for damn sure."
- —Stormfront in Proper Preparation and Planning
- "Jeez, if she vibrates any faster, that stick up her butt is gonna explode."
- —Stormfront, talking about Ashley, in Proper Preparation and Planning
- "I think that you are the best of us. I think that you are everything that we should be."
- —Stormfront, praising Homelander during Nothing Like It in the World
- "You spent $273 million on that "Saving America" bullshit, and I am running circles around you with five guys on laptops churning out memes. I practically pay them with Arby's gift cards. You... You can't win the whole country anymore. No one can. So why are you even trying? You don't need 50 million people to love you. You need five million people fucking pissed. Emotion sells, anger sells. You have fans, I have soldiers."
- —Stormfront mentoring Homelander, in Nothing Like It in the World
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Stormfront is a dark, twisted parody of both Thor and Shazam, but wretched and evil in every way, having the powers of the former, and a costume inspired by the latter. Her original Vought given origin story before the use of Compound-V was made public knowledge, was that she was a reincarnated Norse goddess.
- The way she is able to torture people with her plasma bolts is similar to that of Emperor Palpatine, the main antagonist from Star Wars. This mirrors her demise, which is reminiscent of how Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, as depicted in Revenge of The Sith. The wounds that the two receive are near-identical, down to the last remaining limb being their left hand.
- She has the second highest kill count in the series after Homelander, murdering at least 67 people over the course of Season 2. If one does not attribute the indirect deaths on Flight 37 to Homelander, which would likely have occurred even without his intervention, then she has the highest kill count of the series.
- "Stormfront" is the name of an antisemitic, Holocaust-denialist, and neo-Nazi Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate site. Her previous moniker, “Liberty” may be a reference to the early hate site Aryan Nations Liberty.net.
- "Storm Front" is also the name of a Billy Joel album that features the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" which is played in the episode Nothing Like It in the World.
- The comics version of Stormfront is a male Nazi and was the first Supe created.
- In the comics, Stormfront pursues an affair with Queen Maeve, instead of Homelander. Though, this relationship has little bearing on the plot.
- Like her comic counterpart, the series Stormfront is a Nazi, white supremacist and the world's first superhero.
- Her real name “Klara” may be a reference to Hitler’s mother who was also named Klara.
- This is seen during by her using several racist slurs and remarks against The Female and Kenji, Valerie and Myron Hunter and even her fellow teammates, A-Train and Queen Maeve to whom she made a homophobic remark.
- Her racism is further reinforced by her obvious favoring of Homelander, Starlight and Ryan Butcher.
- Stormfront's attraction to Homelander, her admiration of his blue eyes and blonde hair, as well as her comments about him being everything a person should be, are inline with Nazi Germany's Aryan Master Race Theory.
- Her earrings and eagle belt buckle resemble SS insignia, and her hairstyle is reminiscent of a musician named Skrillex. Her hairstyle is often referred to as "the Skrillex haircut", "the Tumblr haircut", or "the Feminazi haircut".
- Much like her comic counterpart, Stormfront is an actual, genuine Nazi created as part of an SS super soldier program to create the master race. Prior to this she was already a high ranking member of the National Socialist Workers Party during the 30s and 40s and was indoctrinated into the Aryan Master Race Theory.
- She also prescribes in the white genocide conspiracy theory.
- Stormfront's role was given to Aya Cash because gender-swapping him helped Homelander's character arc, ensuring his anger would be worsened by a woman rather than a man.
- Interestingly, Aya Cash is of Jewish descent.
- Stormfront's social media handle is @RealStormfront.
- Stormfront was stated to have been a member of the Church of the Collective, "a long time ago". However due to the church soon beginning to recruit anyone (people of color) to the group, she left.
- In the comics, Stormfront was the leader of Payback, Vought's secondary Superhero team, and The Avengers to The Seven's Justice League.
- The scene where Starlight, Queen Maeve and The Female brutally beat her into submission in an airfield is reminiscent of her comic book counterparts demise in the comic.
- However, in the comic, it is the V infused Frenchie, Butcher, M.M and Love Sausage who laid out this beating, a reference to the efforts of the Allied Forces (France, Great Britain, America and Soviet Russia) defeating the Axis Powers in World War II.
- Although, if you consider Starlight, Maeve, and Kimiko, representing feminism, LGBTQ, and non-white immigrants, they still all represent something that the Nazi party was against.
- This is also ironic in the fact that both Maeve and Starlight are physically what the Nazi Party believed to be the "ideal Aryan Women", and Kimiko, who is Japanese, which was once allies of The Third Reich when they were a member of the Axis Powers.
- Outside of Vought, Information of Stormfront's history and true identity could also be found within the Church of the Collective's files due to their usual modes operand of gathering extensive information on all its members during her time as a member during the groups first formation.
- Her getting by stabbed in the eye by Becca was similar to her comic counterpart, who had his eye ripped out by The Female.
- She shares something in common with Ryan Butcher, they are both the first type of Supes.
- She is the first Supe to be successfully created using Compound V.
- Ryan is the first natural born Supe.
- Her delirious words, spoken in German to Homelander after being wounded by Ryan, are of addressing her dead husband, Frederick Vought, about a memory the two shared with their daughter Chloe:
- "It was so beautiful. How the three of us sat there, in the shade of an apple tree. Do you remember the day Frederick? Chloe reaching her arms out of the car window. We found the perfect spot by the river, in the shade of an apple tree. It was the first time Chloe ate fresh apples...(Incoherent)...I was so happy. It was wonderful. I wanted it to never end"
- —Stormfront, regressed into a state of delirium[src]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Screencaps[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Season 2 Episode 1 "You Found Me"
- Wikipedia - "Operation Paperclip"
- Season 2 Episode 4 "Nothing Like It in the World"
- Season 2 Episode 3 "Over the Hill with the Swords of a Thousand Men"
- Season 2 Episode 5 "We Gotta Go Now"
- Season 2 Episode 6 "The Bloody Doors Off"
- Season 2 Episode 7 "Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker" - Opening
- Season 2 Episode 7 "Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker"
- Season 2 Episode 8 "What I Know"
- Season 2 Episode 2 "Proper Preparation and Planning"
- Entertainment Weekly - "Aya Cash and The Boys boss unpack that shocker of a Stormfront reveal"
[edit | edit source]
|TV series The Seven members|
Homelander • Queen Maeve • Black Noir • A-Train • Starlight
Lamplighter † • Translucent † • The Deep (on sabbatical) • Stormfront (incarcerated)