- "Look, A-Train is a fierce competitor, but no one can be the fastest man forever. Let's just say I like my chances"
- —Shockwave on his upcoming race with A-Train[src]
Shockwave is a recurring character in the Amazon series The Boys. He was a Supe speedster and was considered the second-fastest man in the world after challenging and losing to A-Train in a foot race. However, due to A-Train's heart condition, Shockwave was presumably the fastest man in the world and was set to replace A-Train in The Seven.
The Boys Series
During the highly anticipated "Race of the Century", Shockwave arrives at the event determined, while A-Train was secretly anxious due to the possibility of Shockwave winning the race, thus jeopardizing his position in The Seven. While everyone had their attention on Shockwave's arrival, A-Train darts away to take Compound V and is back in a blink. With the help of Compound V, A-Train ultimately wins the race, running at 371 meters per second, while Shockwave runs at 342 meters per second.
Shockwave is later seen at a convention signing autographs for his fans.
A-Train sees Shockwave leaving Seven Tower right before being fired, suggesting Shockwave may be taking A-Train's place in The Seven. The suspicions are confirmed after A-Train announces his resignation in the upcoming Seven movie. Furthermore, Alastair Adana tells A-Train that Shockwave might not only take his title as The Seven's speedster, but also might take the superhero title of A-Train.
Shockwave makes one final appearance in "Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker" where he attends the congress judiciary hearings about the Compound V investigation. Shortly after Congressman Richards addresses Dr. Vogelbaum, both are killed with their heads exploding into blood. Shockwave then becomes a victim himself among numerous other people in the room, his blood spattering onto a horrified Ashley Barrett nearby who screams in horror and revulsion. His death is witnessed by an equally horrified A-Train who sees the events on TV.
- Superhuman Speed: Shockwave is the second fastest man alive, after A-Train, albeit the latter was on Compound V during their race. He ran 342 meters per second (765.03 MPH/1,231.2 KPH) during his race with A-Train, which is almost as fast as the speed of sound.
- Accelerated Perception: While running at high speeds, Shockwave is able to perceive the world around him as though it is standing still.
- Superhuman Strength: Shockwave possesses superhuman strength. As he started his race with A-Train, he broke the stone wall he placed his foot against.
- Superhuman Durability: Shockwave's body is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed running. He could withstand the force of moving at high velocity.
- Shockwave Clap: Shockwave's name derives from his ability to create powerful shockwaves that knock back his foes backwards by clapping his hands together. It is unknown if this ability is related to his super speed or a separate power.
As a speedster, it can be assumed that Shockwave has similar weaknesses to A-Train.
- Aging: As Shockwave gets older, he will get slower and slower.
- Calorie Consumption: Due to his superhuman speed, Shockwave needs to consume a high amount of calories in order to have enough energy to move at such high speeds.
- Superhuman Momentum: If he is going to fast, Shockwave can not suddenly stop or change his direction.
- Blunt Force/Limited Durability: While his strength and durability are still greater than a humans they are on the lower end of the Supe spectrum. His head was easily exploded by Victoria, despite her having difficulty in causing damage to other Supes (such as Starlight).
- Hero Costume: Like most supes, Shockwave has his own superhero uniform. This suit is strong enough to withstand the full force that he creates when he moves at high speeds.
- Protective Goggles: Shockwave wears a set of protective goggles, likely so that his eyes do not get damage when he moves at high speeds.
- Shockwave is a parody of DC Comic's Third Flash, Wally West. As he replaces A-Train and was currently the fastest supe, surpassing A-Train.
- He is an original character for the show.
- He has his own brand of running shoes called XLR8, which is pronounced "Accelerate". Which may be riffing off of the Ben 10 Alien of the same name.
- According to a screen in the episode "Get Some", Shockwave is 24 years old and weighs 190 pounds. His "personal best" is 1.44 and his "season best" is 1.44, but the latter two units are unknown.