- For the Amazon version of the character, see Madelyn Stillwell.
- "Just so you know, we can clean up our own shit."
- —James Stillwell to Billy Butcher after the G-Men massacre
James Stillwell is a high-ranking executive in Vought-American and the assistant of Vought's CEO, Mr. Edgar.
The calm man who attended to the Seven's meetings and is described to be worse than them for his coldblooded plans to save Vought-American's image. Some of these plans were the G-teams massacre, Pre-wizz locked in a container and thrown in the ocean, telling Payback to attack the Boys and involving himself in the takeover of the White House. He became Mr. Edgar's assistant at a young age, this helped his career. Has had many conflicts with Homelander, once the superhero sent him a whore to distract him while the Supes Awards was carried on during Herogasm. He is brilliant at planning and had met Nina in Russia to discuss the supes that had exploding heads. His only human moments are when he starts to relax around Jess Bradley and when he aided Frenchman.
He's very cold during critical situations even when an insane Homelander expressed the wish to kill him and stated that Stillwell is a the real superhuman. James asked the madman to let him commit suicide and avoid all the carnage to come but Homelander told him to keep watching alive.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- High-level Intelligence
- Business Management
- Tactical Analyst
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- James Stillwell is a Dynamite Entertainment comics character created by writer Garth Ennis and artist Darick Robertson. Sitwell first appears in The Boys #4 released in 2006.
- A female version of the character named Madelyn Stillwell appears in the television series, portrayed by Elisabeth Shue. In the series, she is murdered by Homelander in the Season 1 finale for all the secrets she kept from him.