Gunpowder is a minor antagonist in the comic book series The Boys. He is a member of the corrupt superhero team Teenage Kix.
Gunpowder makes his first appearance in a group sex orgy with his fellow teammates when Hughie was spying on them. Later, when Teenage Kix met The Boys, they started an attack on them. In the beginning, their leader gets headbutted by Billy Butcher. Gunpowder gets attacked by Mother's Milk, who defeated him and destroyed his helmet. After this, Hughie accidentally killed Blarney Cock, which was shocking for other teammates. He later appeared at Blarney Cock's funeral, and Gunpowder never appears again after this.
In the TV series adaptation, Gunpowder appears in an interview, which Cherie is watching, saying that he had stopped the shooting and that if people were carrying guns, he wouldn't have to save them.
- Muzzle Energy Manipulation: He can create, shape and manipulate the muzzle energy, the energy of a bullet or other projectile as it is launched from a firearm’s muzzle. The overall value of the energy comes from multiplying one-half times the bullet’s mass times its velocity squared. Moving objects possess kinetic energy. The bigger the bullet’s mass and velocity, the greater the amount of muzzle kinetic energy, which also translates to greater destructive power. With this ability, he can heighten the overall energy of the projectile (i.e., strengthening the energy of a handgun’s bullet to mimic the force of a cannon shot) to amplify the damaging effects or possibly diminish it to lessen the impact.
- Projectile Enhancement: Gunpowder can enhance the speed/strength of projectile weaponry (firearms, arrows, thrown objects, energy balls, etc.) through various means, such as channeling energy into the object.
- Trajectory Curving: Gunpowder can curve projectile attacks to avoid any obstacles for better accuracy on their targeting or to avoid being hit.
- Marksmanship: He is a master of using weapons like guns, missile launchers, grenades, etc.
- Weapon Manifestation: He can manifest weapons out of thin air.
- Gunpowder is a parody of Judge Dredd.