Cash was born in San Francisco, to poet and novelist Kim Addonizio and Buddhist teacher Eugene Cash. Her father's family is Jewish, whereas her mother is Catholic and of Italian descent. Cash has described herself as Jewish, and explained that their surname "was originally something like 'CH-irsch'."
Cash is an alumna of the San Francisco School of the Arts. She graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2004 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting, in partnership with the Guthrie Theater Actor Training Program. She then moved to New York City, where she began her acting career. For years, she struggled financially and worked as a full-time waitress to make ends meet.
Aya Cash was born on July 13, 1982 as Aya Rachel Cash. She is an actress and producer, known for You're the Worst (2014), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) and The Newsroom (2012). She has been married to Josh Alexander since September 2012.
- "The Big Ride" Stormfront
- "Proper Preparation and Planning" Stormfront
- "Over the Hill with the Swords of a Thousand Men" Stormfront
- "Nothing Like It in the World" Stormfront
- "We Gotta Go Now" Stormfront
- "The Bloody Doors Off" Stormfront
- "Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker" Stormfront
- "What I Know" Stormfront